Why go to the trouble and incredible expense of showing your spot during the Super Bowl? Jeff Taylor, from Monster.com offers some interesting reasons:
1. It’s the number one sporting event in the U.S. Period.
2. It’s the Ad Bowl. “I can’t stress enough how amazing it is to have people watching commercials as a show.”
3. There’s an interesting balance of viewers. “Most sports events are male dominated. The Super Bowl is 40% female viewers.”
4. You can use it as a direct vehicle. “With Monster.com you could see spikes in the web traffic during the game.”
5. The potential pre- and post-game coverage associated with being a new advertiser or being controversial. “It just so happens we got more coverage this year than we did last year when we went on the Super Bowl.”